Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Block gone... New game setting coming...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by RaconteurX
    Duly noted. Get some rest.

So much for having something to do whilst stuck covering shifts for no-show and vacationing coworkers. I'm on my seventeenth hour of what will be a twenty-four hour shift, and I may work a double Saturday night as well. It'll be great overtime, but I'll be nearly dead come Sunday morning.
    I hope you have a cot or at least a couch somewhere...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

It's 5am... do you know where your Trekkies are?

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    I hope you have a cot or at least a couch somewhere...
    I am the sole staff member on-site so, even if I had a cot or couch on which to stretch out, I would be remiss in my duties were I to take advantage of it. I wouldn't get much out of it anyway, being an insomniac. Better to find something to do to keep myself alert (like converse with night-owl residents, surf the 'net and peruse all the lovely games I picked up at Origins. To quote a tune from Warren Zevon, "I'll sleep when I'm dead".

Thrice-damned Puritan work ethic...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Looks like I only have to work thirteen hours tonight... woo hoo! Gonna have some damn fine overtime this week!
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Quick FYI. I'm out of touch for a couple days (Yosemite, and my wife wouldn't let me take a laptop if I had one ), so I won't be available to post 'til Friday. I told AC to post for me as necessary.

See you all in a couple of days.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Just to let you know, I will be having surgery later this week and will be out of touch for about a week. I will attempt to post during this time, but cannot guarantee it.

Matt
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

learning curve.

After some thought, and conversation with a gaming friend of mine, I am curious:

At the risk of sounding like Deanna Troi, I sense a certain ‘constipation’ in our DS6 game-

and after some introspection, it seems like the friction points might be due to confusion over technology, and how it works in the UST universe. It is difficult, for me at least, to know the line of demarcation between TNG era and the Movie Era, since UST blends both.

Having read Aslan’s site, and talked with him a few times, I think I am beginning to get a feel for where he feels the division is, but obviously I don’t have as good a sense as he does. (He wrote it, after all!)

What about you guys? having similar problems? would the game be easier if it were simply TNG *or* Movie Era, and not both.

I’m merely curious, but don’t want to step on Aslan’s toes. (So feel free to chime in, Aslan!)

I'm very comfortable with the TOS/Movie Era mix of technology, so no problems here.

No, no problem here.

OTOH I had little chance to interact with the "technical" side of the setting.
    Ask me again when you get shot up and my character can't put you together again because the technology isn't as advanced as I expect.

RolePlay OnLine! might serve us as a new home for the campaign, if all are interested in continuing. I have only recently joined, but it seems a decent site.

Is there some reason we can't continue here?

I am confused...

As to the game itself, sorry for the lack of posts lately, but life has gotten very busy (it is summer after all) but I haven't given up, despite one player quitting in protest (Which did sour me for a bit).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Edit: Oh wow... I never saw that message by Don. I have no idea what the fate of this game will be now. Everyone sound off on their thoughts ASAP please.
    Last edited by AslanC; 08-09-2004 at 09:47 PM.

Well, I'm willing to continue the game, whether we move to a Yahoo! Group or some other online forum venue.

If we could find a decent evening time that suits everyone, I'd even be willing to try an ICQ or IRC based game.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

There is now the Ferengi Blue Room, of course, and coaxing LtCmdrMatt into creating a Gaming Hub should not be too difficult.

It matters not to me, but I cannot play by chat.
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

Do we just want to pick up where we left off, or "reshoot" part or all of the episode? Either works for me.

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    It matters not to me, but I cannot play by chat.
    Likewise - time difference to all the North Americans involved would make chat almost impossible to me.

AFAIR Aslan ins't one for PBEM, so finding a forum to support us seems like the only viable alternative.