Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: War of the Gods

Whooohooo! The only time I was sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation like this was during the Lord of the Rings trailer!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Perrryyy Guest
    *applauds profusely*

Nice work! If it was forced, I sure couldn't tell!

Well done!

Very well done, and very enjoyable. Did I pick up just a whiff -- the merest hint -- of Babylon 5 there at the end?

If your PCs (or even Starfleet) think it will be easy to hold onto that ship -- they're in for a rude awakening, methinks!

I'd love to hear what happens next, when that day comes.

Re: Well done!

Originally posted by Fesarius
    Very well done, and very enjoyable. Did I pick up just a whiff -- the merest hint -- of Babylon 5 there at the end?
    I thought I admitted that sometime earlier in this thread. I couldn't help it. The epic scale of the scenario called for a B5-esque ending didn't it. I'm not above stealing other people's ideas otherwise i won't hang around on this board so much.. I know I bitch about other people stealing my ideas but that's just me having a bit of fun.

If your PCs (or even Starfleet) think it will be easy to hold onto that ship -- they're in for a rude awakening, methinks!

I'd love to hear what happens next, when that day comes.
    When that comes up, I may just post the story. For the moment I'm letting the PCs hang on to the ship because they showed a sense of maturity during the time they had it and did not abuse the power inherent in a supertech vessel. Its sort of like the White Star of the campaign...whether they get to hang onto it really depends on them for now...obviously other powers would want to get their hands on it...the Romulans already want it and who knows, one good Tal'Shiar agent and one day when the PCs least expect it, "Kobayashi Maru".

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep 'em coming.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

Originally posted by Perrryyy
    *applauds profusely*

Nice work! If it was forced, I sure couldn't tell!
    What you didn't think the deus ex machina ending was not forced? I'm better than I thought. It was not the most satisfactory ending IMHO but I wanted to end the scenario and had to force the endgame.

You couldn't tell it was forced? Aw, come on! My players would be mad at me if I pulled off such a blatant <I>Deus Ex Machina</I>! Mind you, I do understand Ghosty's need to end the story arc, sometimes a campaign just has to end, but it still can't help feeling very frustrated. Argh withdrawal symptoms again!
    No kidding, the Dominants and all the cosmogony involved deserved more than that . There's such a rich background to the whole story that it is virtually teeming with little scenario eggs (my new word for adventures seeds) ready to hatch! I wanted to learn more about all the protagonists! What did they want exactly? Why? Were they all bad, or were some of them okay (<I>à la</I> Weyoun6)? So many hidden agendas! So many questions! So little time! Argh again!

Anyway, to make a long post short (/me has yet to find the recipe for short posts), this probably has been one of the best story arc I have ever read (along with Capt. Zymmer's session recaps a while ago), it's just that I had been bracing myself for a much longer season full of new developements ... oh my, I feel so frustrated!

Nice work, Ghosty, really .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

You'll have to understand what I put up here are just the highlights of a very long and convoluted plot. I may write the whole thing up as a series of short stories/novellas...don't hold your breath though, I don't have very much free time...to give a better understanding of the characteristics and motivations of the protagonists.

While the ending may have been forced, it worked my man, and it got you out. I have been guilty int he past of the same thing. Then a couple of RPG writer buddies gave me this piece of advice...

Always know how you are going to get out before you go in

Words to GM by.

I liked the arc a lot and overall not the kind of story I would do, but fun nonetheless.

Oh and Calcorn, thanks for the props

I look foward to your feedback when my season 2 starts up
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

I more or less knew how the story should have gone but as I said, I had ad-libbed parts of it and when the PCs threw a monkey wrench into the works as they usually do at some stage or another, which forced changes to the storyline sometimes on the fly.

Well as things turned out, I noticed that some of the players were getting a bit bored so I ended it.

Well given the intense nature of the story arc and the implications we've all agreed to put the game on hold for the moment until the New Year.

Although I said I'd let them keep their supership, I've changed my mind and the PCs will be getting a new ship (the supership will of course make a re-appearance when the time is right).

The break will also give me a chance to tie up some sub-plots relating to the interpersonal relationships of the crew.

Oh yay!!

More Ghosty subplots!

Back to the edge of my seat I go
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tied up the character sub-plots for the moment (see Something Funny Happened on Risa for more details).

The sub-plots relating to the supership and other leftovers from War of the Gods will have to wait until we return from our Christmas hiatus.

Well in honor of the end of the War of the Gods I offer only applause for your excellent outing
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thank you...thank you...bow and exit stage left.