Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DECTrek RPG character sheet?

DECTrek RPG character sheet?

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but the most recent copy of the Star Trek Communicator has a couple shots of folks demoing the new RPG. There was a pic of folks working with miniatures, and the character sheet was visible in the pic. Later in the mag there was a slightly clearer picture of the character sheet.

I don't have a scanner, so I can't show the pics, but did anyone else see these? The sheet has the usual LCARS look and feel to it. Unfortunately, I took a look at it and thought it was very "busy."

Anyone else get a look at these?

I hadn't heard this, but I'd love to see.

Still, all things considered, we really only have a couple weeks or so left to wait. Still, if anybody does have scans of this......

Well spotted Ineti

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Thumbs up

I'll be posting the actual sheets themselves in PDF form in the near future.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    I'll be posting the actual sheets themselves in PDF form in the near future.
    in the immortal words of Homer Simpson .... WOOHOO !!

Sorry, easily excited

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

We'll forgive you, young padawan ... but remember, you have to learn control to become a true jedi.

That said, WOOHOOO all the same !!!!!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I must remember my control exercises

Now, I'm as happy as a little girl!!!
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Originally posted by Kronok
    Now, I'm as happy as a little girl!!!
    Should we be worried about you?

Old SNL skit.

Sprockets (Spelling?)
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Originally posted by Kronok
    Old SNL skit.

Sprockets (Spelling?)
    Ah, that explains it.

No need for counselling then

Perrryyy Guest
    Good deal.
    Looking forward to it when it comes out.

If it matters ...

The character sheets used in the demos at GenCon, at least, were not the real character sheets included in the book. The demo sheets I saw had a handsome black background that would take two and a half printer cartridges to reproduce, I'd imagine.

I asked about them, and was told to expect different character sheets in the book.

As for the sheets seeming "busy," that's not far off. But they didn't seem complicated as much as they seemed complete. The ones I saw contained components from pages 1 and 2 of the previous Icon sheets.

I may end up using normal notebook paper, anyway, though. I hate bending hardback books around xerox machines.

word,
    will

I'm glad to hear they're working on miniatures, too! I need more figures, the single box LUG put out wasn't enough for me.

Re: If it matters ...

Originally posted by Lt. Dade
    I may end up using normal notebook paper, anyway, though. I hate bending hardback books around xerox machines.

word,
    will
    Since Don is planning posting a PDF preview (thanks Don!), we won't have to photocopy them. We can print them off to our hearts' content.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

I'll refrain from bugging Don to give us some idea of when we can expect to see that .pdf

I'm hoping they'll be a nice little preview of what we can expect from theg ame.