Thread: Quick thanks to LUG

Thumbs up Quick thanks to LUG

Hey, not sure if this is the place to post this, but I was leafing through my copies of the TNG core rules, DS9 core rules, and the narrator's toolkits for Trek short story ideas. I hadn't touched these books in over a year, and reading them with a fresh eye and mind was a wonderment.

Just wanted to send a sincere "thank you" to everyone involved in the creation of these fine products.

I use the the opportunity and do the same. LUGTrek was simply great. It started all, when a friend and me had played ST for over a year with a self-made system based on MASTERBOOK. And then came LUG. We buyed the TNG-Book once it was out in the stores and are playing ST until now. The whole stuff was simply great. The look is fantasic and the whole writing and layout creates a tense atmosphere and you can see that this was made by people who love the theme and are fans themselves. It was fun to play LUG and it still is. For me it is the only true TREK-Game ( Hey I never played FASA and can't tell anything about it, so this is no offense ). Although I will maybe buy the new books, just to be up to date, I doubt that I will change the system LUG is simply overwhelming. The system may not be such a realistic environmental simulation like Rolemaster but it was the best system you could have for ST. It fit the universe and was simple to use. Just great. Thank you all those who worked on it, you made possible hundred of voyages where no man has gone before. VIVA LA LUG
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Thumbs up

Well, in a utter lack of originality, I'll join

I bought LUG books at a time where none of my gaming friends were interested in Star Trek at all and I myself had very little gaming experience, but they were very fun to read anyway. Now, some years later, I've started a campaign with some friends I managed to assimilate into the Trek collective, and I've bought almost all of the books that I could find (except the TOS ones and some others that disappeared from the stores the day I decided to buy them ). Some months ago, I was still reading them regularly (now I think I managed to read them all ). They are a wonderful source of Trek info and very stimulating for the imagination.
    I may probably switch to the new rules, or at least mix the two systems together, but these books will remain my reference for some time (until, at least, the whole "Genesis of the Federation" section will have been rendered obsolete by ENT ).

Sincere thanks to LUG's creators (and to all the people who created these cool extension netbooks once LUG disappeared ).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Cool

I agree with the above statements. I was introduced to LUG Trek just over a year ago. At first, I was involved just because my friends needed an extra player and I was familiar with other old games. My buddy Jay was (and is) a good Narrator. I was soon hooked after borrowing a few of his books to get a feel for it. After several months, I finally got around to buying my own copies. To my dismay I discovered the system was out of print. I had to be creative in trying to find my own copies. There are still copies of the LUG books floating around. I discovered that several large companies had them listed under the wrong publisher which made them even more difficult to find. Looking up by individual authors may enable new players who want to continue to explore the LUG system to find what they need. Of course, the new system inherits the spirit of what has gone before. I look forward to blending both.

I Have to thank LUG also, When the new game came out, it motivated me to get off my *** and start running my Trek game again.

Here's to converting my characters to Coda

Is anybody else gonna have this situation? I will now be running Characters converted from Fasa to LUG to Coda.

Karg

I'd like to echo that sentiment as well. I'd been using a modified version of FASA Trek for years. I never intended to swtich over to ICON, but I liked the system so much that once I tried it I just had to

And I am similarly impressed by CODA. Though this time, it's not a great surprise

Kudos to the ICON/CODA team.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.