Thread: 7 of 9 or Annika Hansen?

Question 7 of 9 or Annika Hansen?

So I am thinking of adding her to my PCs ship, as a Starfleet officer (reward for her years of service and for all the info she has provided on the Borg).

Now should she remain as Seven of Nine or should she start calling herself Annika Hansen?

Discuss.

She is keeping the implants. I have decided they cannot be rremoved....yet.

Re: 7 of 9 or Annika Hansen?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Talking Nice Software....(Jonny 5 from Short Circuit)

SM's got it right:

She uses her "name" for 'official ID' (reports, addresses, so on), but keeps "Seven" as a nickname...possible one only those she knows could/should use (Voyager's crew, the Pathfinder team, and so on)
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

I have to go the other way. I suppose for official SF records her real name would be used, but she spent too much time in the collective to drop the designation of 7 of 9.

So, my vote is that she would still be calling herself by her borg designation.

I agree with Phantom. If she hadn't resumed the Annika Hansen identity by the end of Voyager, she probably never will.

The way i see the Federation.. If she decides to go by the name 7 of 9, that's how she would be addressed in official reports too.

It's kinda hard to change your name today. But in the near-utopia of Star Trek, i guess all it would take is a recommandation from your councellor.
    Jesus saves... and takes half damage.
    --+
    (www.btvs-rpg.net)

Make it part of the story

The players can help her through it, for now she could stick with seven, until she is a bit more comfortable with it.

Gotta love those borg implants

Honestly though, keep'em they add character.

I think she should go by her human name, I don't care whether she keeps seven as a nickname or not.

Why? She has gone by 7 of 9 for at least 22 years. Going by her human name all of a sudden would be like one of us changing are names, why would we do it?

Seven or Anika?

Hmmmmm......
    Well, Starfleet being a stickler for accuracy, I'd say that her proper name, Hansen Annika, would be in her records.

THose who watched Voyager remember, on her confrontation with the Borg Queen, she said, defiantly, "I am Annika Hansen."

But she would no doubt be referred to as Seven, if only out of habit.
    Rick

"I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell you the truth."

-James T. Kirk
    "Errand of Mercy"