Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take the Conn......

Take the Conn......

For all those people itching to play Bridgecommander, you should know that the 'DEMO' is now freely available from their site.

www.bridgecommander.com

I just downloaded it ( 4am est here, could'nt sleep ), so I'll report back here on what I think of it tonight, when I wake up.......unless somebody else would like to.

I downloaded it last night (thank you broadband) and palyed it through straight away.

I was actually quite impressed. The demo left me wanting more, which is exactly what a demo should do, and hopefully says good things about the game. I was also quite imrpessed with the way they teach you the controls, via a tutorial from Captain Picard, which is integrated into the gameplay. Very neat.

The controls aren't difficult, at least the controls for commanding your crew, although I wasn't too sure how to do things like fire manually. Still, that's not essential to be able to play the game. The demo wasn't too difficult to complete, though I suspect (or hope at least) that the full game will require much more in the way of thought and tactics to play through.

Multiplayer should be fun. As will the quick battles. The only thing I would have liekd to see, is a wider selection of Federation starships. Especially some of the smaller ships such as the Intrepid, the Defiant, thr Sabre, etc, etc.

But I will definately buy this game.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

The only thing I would have liekd to see, is a wider selection of Federation starships
    From what I can gather from various forums and fan sites based around Bridge Commander, the game is modable and somewhere, someone has alread begun designing new ships for the game.
    As I am stuck with a 56k connection, I am going to have to wait until it comes out on a cover cd or something.

100th post!

I've played it out twice, at different difficulty levels. Not bad, but it left me wanting. It seemed.....well, a little bland, I hope the entire game is'nt quite so....easy.

Still the character interface was good on the bridge, and the detail put into the ships was very cool. None of the ships were lighted though, the only dissapointing thing about the demo, shipwise. But that's okay, it's only the demo.

Wathching the battle between the dauntless and the romulan warbirds from an outside perspective was very cool though.

All in all, I'm looking forward to Bridgecommander when it comes out, sometime next month.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Ack!

Even with my cable modem it took 20min to download last night, but three hour's????

I think you need a new modem

You guy's should check out the cable dsl option, I find it a lot better than a phone line.

Oops

I mean 8 hours.

Took me eight hours to download my copy at 4.44K
    At least you get a decent 56k download speed. I normally max out at 3k and it's a very good day indeed if I can sustain a transfer for 20 mins without being d/c.

Originally posted by TomMarg
    Wathching the battle between the dauntless and the romulan warbirds from an outside perspective was very cool though.
    Dauntless? Which Dauntless?

Why the name of the galaxy class starship, featured in the game of course

poster

Originally posted by TomMarg
    Why the name of the galaxy class starship, featured in the game of course
    Eh? I thought Bridge Commander was set on a Sovvie?!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

poster

Just to add my two cents...

I loved the game. Arguably the most Trek feeling game I've played yet (some of the earlier ones were pretty good too). Gameplay was great, graphics were pretty (at 1024x768 with everything turned up), and the story was starting to sound kind of interesting (a little weak to start off with but its only the first scene of the episode :P ).

My one complaint is going to sound rather nit-picky (damned nits) in part because it is: the Romulan Warbird seemed a bit underpowered to me. In Quick Battle I was able to mop the floor with one with the AI on Hard and my own tactics somewhat wanting (though not to the point of throwing the fight, obviously). Still, maybe I'm just biased...

Anyhoo, awesome game, can't wait fer the full version

--Arawn

Thumbs up what a game!

Wow, this game rocks. My earlier concerns about the phasers being too wide have been invalidated at least.
    The interior of the starship once the outer hull has been blown away is just a big multi-color glowing blob. All of the options are set to high, does anyone else have this problem?