Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDF Previews

Unhappy PDF Previews

Alas, bad news. The likelihood of PDFs for the Star Trek game (or any other product out of the Decipher West office) looks to be about nil. After spending some time trying they are unable to generate the Quark spreads as PDFs. We’ll look into some other alternatives into generating the PDFs but right now it doesn’t look good.

Also, making PDFs is not a priority at their office. I tried to underscore the importance of disseminating information to potential consumers (you) but this isn’t something I can control. Stealth Marketing™ at work again.

I would encourage people to drop a kind and well-worded message to Matt Colville at the Decipher office telling him how much you would appreciate a PDF preview of the Star Trek Player’s Guide. Perhaps if enough potential buyers made their presence known then this might jump up a few spots on the priority list.

[edit]Address removed as a courtesy to Matt's sanity.[/edit]
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Cheers Don.

Did you warn the poor guy he was likely to get besieged ?

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Wink

I did. He said he didn’t care.

I figure after a few hundred he might bring it to Owen or Christian’s attention, who may decide to just spring $100 bucks to fly me out and take care of it in a day.

If people flame and/or spam however, then you’re not doing anyone any good.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Well, I sent in my two cents. And was polite about it, so don't worry about that. Waiting IS the hardest part...

Mr. Colville-

I just wanted to throw in my two cents and say I think a PDF preview of the upcoming Star Trek RPG would be a good thing. We all eagerly await the final product, but it would tide us Trek RPG fans over, so to speak. Not that I don't plan to buy the book anyway, but it would be nice to get a preview of what we will be spending money on... nothing fancy, just to give a look...

Thank you.
    Last edited by Caretaker; 01-30-2002 at 01:08 PM.

Unhappy Grrrr....

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I posted mine a little while ago, but didn't specify .pdf previews. I just asked about the possibility of an online preview

Wonder what they'll come back with (if anything).

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

poster

I just sent email. I have not got a word back yet. We all should keep send email to them. I may try send email to Warren later when I get a change. Let you guys what I get back.

Cool My letter...

Mr. Colville;

I know that you are getting about a gabillion or so of these emails, so I will keep it short. I would encourage you to offer character sheets and other gaming aids for the new Star Trek RPG, as well as the LOTR RPG, either on your web site or thru Don Mappin's TrekRPG.net. They could be offered as .pdf files, or as some other type of readily downloadable and readable format. The more support you provide for these games, the more loyal a customer base that you will obtain. And, trust me, the more loyal we are, the more product we buy!

Thank you for your time. Good luck with the product launches coming up soon.

Sincerely,

Hugh Casey
    President,
    The Philadelphia Science Fiction Society
    www.psfs.org
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

e-mail request

Well, for what it's worth, I just sent off a request for a preview on this site. I hope it helps.

I got a reply too, saying that it anything was possible, but that it wasn't up to him.

Well like Don says, mayeb if he gets enough requests, he'll go bug the right person

Message sent:

As a Loyal Trek gamer and collector, I encourage you to understand the Importance of pdf previews posted on TrekRPG have had on past pruchases. Well I understand that we are 'The crowd which will buy no matter what', we are the potential narrators and gamemasters of the future system and as such will have a great sway on our indivudal group members if they will buy their own books or not by our word of mouth. The quicker that interest is generated the higher the potential sales of the new books will be when first released.

Eric R Rush
    Loyal TrekRPG member since August 1999.

Message should have sent:

Are you Daf man! make the damn .pdfs and there wont be any blood, fuss, and feathers if ye understand me meaning. you see we have waited longer for some preview than we have for Bonnie Prince Charley to arrive so I suggest that if you know what was good for ye, you be make them avalivable. Now!

Now tahts a good lad.

Eric R. Rush
    Loyal Clan member of TrekRPG since August 1999

Talking

poster

Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Dear Sir:
    If you would be so good as to make up a preview of DecTrek for us, I'll send you topless photos of my wife.

Thanks!
    --Styro The Insane

I didn't send that... But I'm 100% sure that would get the ball rolling.
    Hmmm, Liz must be at work. Otherwise the SLAP would have been audible.

poster